Tuesday, October 26, 2010

C'est L'Halloween, HEY!

It's coming! My favourite holiday of the year! Hallowe'en is drawing near, and for any of you out there that took French Immersion in the 80s, you'll remember this little dittie from Matt Maxwell's Comment Ca Va?


I'm telling you, if you don't have children already, get on the kiddie bus! What better way to humiliate your offspring than to dress them up as ridiculously as you can just to blackmail them in the future??? AWESOME!


Now, Hallowe'en is my fave day of the year, and it's not because I like to torment children, nor is it because I spent ages 16-18 sleeping in a coffin (for those of you who don't know this story - pretend like you didn't read that...), but it's because I love to open the door and see how all the kids in the area are dressed up. And NO, I don't mean those beastly teenagers, who wear their pyjamas as a costume (if they even bother dressing up at all!!!). I mean the little 4 and 5 year olds who are just grasping the concept that they can dress up in fun costumes and go door to door demanding candy. Can there be a better holiday? HONESTLY???


This year our neighbourhood tried something a little different. I came home on Thursday night to find a lovely little gift bag stuck in my door. In that bag there was a note, a picture of a ghost and 4 delicious chocolate bars .

The note read as follows:


YOU HAVE BEEN GHOSTED

Now it's your turn to "Ghost" two other people in your neighbourhood.

You should "ghost" these people within 2 days of receiving your treat.

Hang the ghost on your front door so that everyone can see that you have been "ghosted" and will not ghost you again.

This will also let you know who you can ghost.


Fill 2 bags with candy and treats. Copy this letter and the picture of the ghost twice. Include treats, letter and ghost in your bag of goodies for the neighbours that you choose.


After dark, and only with an adult, "ghost" 2 of your neighbours.


Do not let the person that you are "ghosting" see you, for it adds to the fun of it all. Place the treat bag on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and run!


It will be fun to see how many ghosts will appear in our neighbourhood by Hallowe'en.


Please keep it safe and enjoy.


Has the best day of the year just gotten BETTER? UM... YEAH! So last night me and my son went out "ghosting". I loved the novelty of it and my little guy thought it was awesome that he was allowed to ring peoples' doorbells over and over and over and over again, so it worked out! The only issue is that a two and a half year old sure drags you down when you're trying to make a break for it! I'm pretty sure we were caught red-handed on each of the drop-offs, but it made for some super fun! Anyway, I am ultra keen to see how many ghosts end up on neighbourhood doors before Sunday. I hope it spreads. It was a great idea, and an awesome way to get everyone in the area out and about! You all should try it too!

Now, as previously explained I love dressing up my children. And one of the MAJOR bonuses of sending my son to nursery school is that I can send him in his costume for the Hallowe'en party, right? WRONG-O!!!!!!! I emailed the teacher to find out what the deal was and was promptly told that there would be no costumes for the party. Not sure if it's because costumes are hot and get the kids uncomfortable, or if maybe my son is right and nursery school IS NOT FUN... You can't tell me it wasn't awesome to get dressed up in your costume and go to school? Remember the kindergarten parade????? C'mon! AS IF! Anyway, I'm totally bummed that it isn't going to happen this year for us...I mean him...and we're missing the annual Hallowe'en parade in my home town just so he can go to school (and get peeled off me...yes, he's still doing the ol' kicking and screaming at the nursery school's front door game. It's SO fun!).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
in the literal and figurative sense.


Now to change the subject and discuss how many mini chocolate bars I've actually eaten this week...Here's the weigh-in:


Starting Weight: 148.8 lbs

Current Weight: 143.8 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Dream Weight: 125 lbs



A tiny smidgen of progress but not enough. I think this coming week is gonna be a write-off for me too (not that I'm making excuses...BUT...I'm making excuses.) Anyway, a little weight off is better than none, right?


I'll leave you with some photos to get you in a spooktacular mood!

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN ONE AND ALL!












***Hallowe'en 2010 Photos to follow! ***

2 comments:

  1. He don't look too thrilled in the second pic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he wasn't so into smiling for the camera at that young age!

    ReplyDelete