Monday, October 4, 2010

School Daze

So, the day is finally here. My son is all grown up! Today was my little guy's first day of pre-school. Where does the time go????? My husband and I have been prepping him for the past couple of weeks talking about nursery school and reading him stories about first days and such. I think we did a pretty good job of making it seem like a lot of fun. He was very excited to start, and even had a little trouble sleeping last night (nothing like a 4am wake up cry begging to go to nursery school!). The fear, of course, is that one preps their child for this first experience and once they walk into the classroom, even the most independent child becomes a stage one clinger, so I was very, VERY wary as we entered the room.



We were even warned by some parents exiting the building that there were lots of T-E-A-R-S. I got my camera out and snapped a shot for the photo album before we got in (just in case). As soon as we entered, the teachers were there to greet us. He has his own hook with his little name and photo above it. He ripped off his jacket and started in...but then hesitated. "Uh-oh", I thought to myself. He grabbed my husband's arm and said "Daddy come too?"...but my husband and I both said, "we've gotta go home, but we'll be back soon." My son said "Later!" and ran off to play. EASY PEASY! Phew! Now, of course, knowing that my husband is abandoning me for work, I will be on my own for the dreaded pick-up. I wonder how many tears will be shed when I have to drag him away from the toys and the sand box. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be an easy transfer...but I'm not convinced that will be the case! Here's to hoping, right?


This past week has been a challenge to say the least. It started off swimmingly. My friend and I had our first kickboxing class and it was exhilarating! The teacher was just as I remembered him: EVIL. There were points where I couldn't continue, but he pushed...there were points where I thought I was going to faint, but he pushed...and there was even a point where I wanted to puke (but didn't!). When I got home I wanted to die, but I also wanted to go back and do it again. Then Tuesday night I had a date with Jillian, and although she didn't kick my butt, she still worked me hard. I weighed myself on Wednesday and lost a whopping one and a half pounds!!! IN TWO DAYS! Then, trouble hit. Over the past month my neck has been bugging me like CRAZY. I blamed it on poor breastfeeding positioning. I went to my chiropractor and she made it all better. Instantly! But when I woke up on Wednesday I felt a little bit funny. By Friday I could barely move my head from side to side. Saturday morning I woke my husband up crying because I was completely paralyzed. I couldn't move an inch. Thankfully, he was able to help out around the house on Friday (by coming home early), and did most of the work around the house on Saturday and Sunday to give me a bit of a break. That being said...all I did was sit (or lie down) and EAT. And no exercise and lots of eating makes me a fat girl.




Here is this week's progress (if we can call it that...)

Starting Weight: 148.8 lbs
Current Weight: 148.2 lbs (yes, the same as last week. So much for losing all that weight only to gain it back in three days! UGH!)

Goal Weight: 130 lbs
Dream Weight: 125 lbs

So, looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. Unfortunately I'm still in excruciating pain, so I have to skip tonight's kickboxing class. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I, do, however, have an appointment with my chiropractor again tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I'll be back to my "workouts" by tomorrow night and I can catch up with my Jillian Michaels DVDs.
Again, I'm hoping that my neck gives me a bit of a break (in the non-literal sense) so my ass can shrink a little more...But I do know this...Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and although it is a time to be thankful for what we have in life, I also know it's a time to EAT and SIT, um...and did I mention EAT? So I've got to make a point this weekend, to keep my portion sizes down and try my best to be as active as I can. At this point, all I can hope for is that I don't GAIN weight for next week's weigh in...Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment